Stripping the paint and deck went well, removed more of the interior and began stripping the varnish off the inside of the hull.
I have found the best product for stripping varnish & stain is Zissner’s StripFast, now I think this has been discontinued as I can not find it in stores any longer and have yet to find a replacement. If you have a favorite stripping product share it in the comment section below.
This was a multi-day process, applying the StripFast, scraping, stripfast, scraping… While this stuff is effective, it will BURN if it gets on your skin. Not to mention it will eat through gloves. I keep a bucket of soapy water near by incase it splatters onto my skin, you know when it does because it feels like someone is putting a cigarette out on your arm.
After stripping the interior down, sanding was the next step. Sanded with 60 grit, then 80 to get the last of the stain off and leave the wood with a fairly smooth surface.
While doing this I removed several pieces or poorly laid fiberglass in the bilge of the boat, it appears there was some rot that was dealt with by quickly laying glass over it. Once all of it is out I’ll take a deeper look and decide on the next step. One thing is for sure this bilge will be sealed this time around.